Dear Scouts, Dear Parents and guardians,
2020 it's not being the year we all expected. The world is turned inside out and our lives have suffered twists and turns that no one foresaw. Even so, we continue to do Scouting and adapt to this new reality.
In these days when we couldn't all be together, good to know how the Scouts have overcome the challenge of being, actively, at home. In addition to fulfilling school responsibilities, always in touch with your teachers, we have received many positive reports from Lobitos, Explorers and Pioneers to fulfill several daily challenges launched by their Heads. Also our Clan (together with the community and leadership) have these days, shown a spirit of service and exemplary commitment in providing services to the most vulnerable people, com a atividade nacional Boa Ação – COVID-19!
Even though they can't all be physically together, we want our Scouts (and your parents) remain connected and raise (further) the Scout spirit in this most difficult period. The EASA Directorate encourages all of its Sections to continue to promote dynamics from a distance, such as: daily tasks, work on your personal progress, Technical train scout, hold meetings by video call,…
At the weekend of 3 to 5 de Abril haverá também uma edição especial do JOTI, which we would like everyone to be able to participate!
The Group's activities had been suspended until today 27 March ( EASA statement from 12.03.2020 ) but as we are still in a phase of containment the activities remain suspended until indefinite time until there are new developments. Here the latest updates on our activity calendar:
- At the scout level: all National and Grouping activities will be canceled until, at least 30 of April. Like this, weekly activities, camps / cantonments, Wëllefrallye e o JoCaPi estão cancelados, just like the scout centers that are all closed (lgs.lu press release from 20.03.2020)
- At the level of the Catholic Church: the Diocesan Administration has already announced that it has canceled all its activities at least, up until 30 of April. Since the great diocesan pilgrimages and other important activities until the end of May are also canceled. É o caso da procissão da Octave Notre Dame and of peregrinação a Nossa Senhora de Fátima/Wiltz (cathol.lu communiqué of 20.03.2020). The Mass in Portuguese, will continue to be broadcast every Sunday, at 9 am, na Rádio Latina
Com esperança que seja possível a sua realização, we continue preparations for the following Grouping events:
- Raid’Agrup: for days 6 to 7 of June
- AcaGrup: for days 3,4 and 5 July
- Armas evening, Departure Ceremony and Celebration of Promises: ainda estamos a avaliar uma data
Relembramos a todos os escuteiros da importância das medidas individuais de higiene e segurança!
We all miss you already, but stay alert , stay at home!
I miss you all.
We Alerter the developments!
ALWAYS ALERT TO SERVE